IMA HR Practice
IMA has an established business in supporting companies when they internationalise to fulfil their legal obligations and where required install best practice and low cost solutions for a range of industry sectors such as Tech , Healthcare , Higher Education and Retail .
We have obtained fantastic customer references only because we get to fully understand you and your specific needs and unique culture. We deliver solutions that work for you and what’s more you only pay for what you need and not carry the cost of full time HR support. High calibre professional support which is there at the time you need it the most when you need it the most.
Our aim is to assist companies with their setup of their HR infrastructure from the very beginning. This will avoid issues in the future, and ensure you are compliant with UK legislation. The solution is bespoke to client’s culture, needs and preferences.
IMA offers an “HR – Getting Started in the UK” solution which provides all of the documentation and procedures required to be compliant in the UK. This includes:
- Offer letter
- Contracts of Employment
- Employee Handbook
- Company Policies & Procedures
- Health & Safety
We use our specialist benefits partner Mackenzie Taylor www.mtbenefits.com who specialise in supporting international companies in the UK and across Europe. They will provide advice on market compensation and benefit norms, organise your benefits and provide ongoing, proactive support – their costs are not included in the set up costs and will be provided via a quotation tailored to your needs.
Why Outsource Your HR Function
One of the advantages of taking up outsourcing services is that your HR costs become immediately transparent. Hidden costs like HR staff holidays and absence are removed, as are the risks of additional costs. We commit to deliver a service covering some or all of your HR responsibilities and in doing so take on the responsibilities that go with those services.
Additional benefits that outsourcing delivers:
You can ensure best practice by working with a specialist HR expert.
Best practice in staff benefits, health & safety, welfare, employee relations, training, recruitment and administration can be hard to achieve, especially with an under-resourced, over-stretched HR function not familiar with the UK workplace.
Access to qualified HR experts – a chance to buy-in the expertise you need.
This is true if you ask us to manage selected aspects of your HR function or if you agree on a fully managed arrangement. This expertise takes the form of consultancy services, day-to-day administration and help desk support from CIPD-qualified HR Directors and Managers.
HR managers and directors can spend more time on strategic issues.
The senior HR team can get bogged down in managing the administration of standard processes. By outsourcing this task, they can concentrate on contributing to their organisation’s success
Here are some examples of the areas in which we deliver best practice:
Creating HR policies and procedures.
We don’t shoe-horn new clients into pre-arranged policies, but prefer to develop appropriate new policies with them using benchmark standards as a guide. These are then incorporated into your employee handbook which embeds corporate culture as part of the communications process.
Training and development.
Through tools like a training needs analysis, training programmes can be developed and implemented. These can include management development programmes.
By accessing best practice in recruitment, you can increase the quality of new appointments and improve retention rates. We can contribute through effective recruitment processes, use of on-line technology, assessment centres and management training.
The handling of potentially contentious issues.
Procedures for issues like redundancies, tribunals and disciplinary proceedings can be improved with our advice and support. The personnel issues resulting from mergers and acquisitions can also be addressed and proper policies put in place. This has often saved organisations many thousands of pounds in avoided legal and compensation costs.
Set up of HR– Getting Started in the UK”
Capped fee of £4000.00 based on 5 days work at £800 per day/£106.67 per hour. These charges exclude VAT at 20%.
Ongoing HR Support Costs
For clients with more than 5 employees we work on a retained basis starting at 1 day HR support per month at £800 per day/£106.67 per hour.
Non Retained clients
For clients with less than 5 employees or clients only requiring support on an occasional basis, our charges are £150 per hour.
These costs exclude VAT and expenses.
If You are Operating in the UK Already
Some questions for you to consider.
- Do you have a Social Media Policy?
- Do you have a robust Sickness Absence Management policy?
- Are you concerned about your employee turnover and engagement?
- Are your new Managers trained in basic HR best practice?
- Are you an SME that would benefit from having basic HR tools to manage within the law?
- Have your contract, handbook been updated in the last 2 years?
These are common issues we typically resolve and if you have answered NO to any of the above call us for a free 30 minutes assessment of your needs on 020 8966 9222.
IMA HR Practice Model
The HR system in organisations consists of a number of elements . A good overview of this is shown in the diagram below. We use this as a template to assist in understanding your requirements. Hover over each bubble to to get a summary of each element.
- Cultural awareness - Power cultures - Start-up and fast growing business
- Improvement of people processes to affect strong organisation design
- Advice and activities related to Redundancy, redeployment
- Advice and activities related to TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings for Permanent Employment
- Redeployment – linked to organisational structure
- Drive business performance
- Familiarisation of the policies and assist in his practical implementation
- Incorporate company culture
- Implement sustainable processes and strategy
- Psychometric questionnaire & reports
- Establish effective interview techniques
- Work with Business planning team to develop a performance management system
- Work with functional managers to develop a culture change to break down silos
- Developed and implement a competency framework underpinning performance management system
- Job evaluation
- Training needs Analysis
- Training needs analysis
- Management development programs
- Cultural awareness training
- Designed salary structures
- Designed bonus programmes
- Access to surveys and trusted specialist benefit advisors
- Advise best employment law practice
- Support and advise clients
- On the ground direct assistance with consultation hearings, mediation
- Acting as HR representative during difficult stages of the process